The Salon at The Relais Retreats
A place to work, meet and be inspired
Introducing the exclusive new private members club, The Salon at The Relais
The Salon at The Relais Henley is a private members club offering the opportunity to network, exchange ideas and share best practice, with access to an elegant ‘alternative office’ environment. The club brings to life the historical concept of ‘Le Salon’ – an environment to encourage the art of conversation with intellectual debates and convivial social events.
Salons were originally hosted by a lady of status, known as ‘The Salonnière’, who would invite an eclectic guestlist and determine the agenda, ensuring a mix of
opinions in order to encourage and generate intellectual discussion. The modern-day Salon is designed for entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, and visionaries to work, meet and be inspired.
Members will have access to a unique programme of hosted events including networking breakfasts with thought-provoking speakers, informal evening debates and social events, all aimed at enhancing current thinking and discussing some of the challenges in today’s ever-changing environment.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Intimate roundtable discussions where members can drive their own agenda and discuss key issues relevant to their business
Convivial Evening Salons
Informal networking evenings with a keynote speaker, chaired and moderated by The Salon Host to encourage debate and creative thinking.
Informal social gatherings providing an opportunity for members to network in a relaxed environment
The Alternative Office
A specially designed, elegant working environment and facilities in The Palm Court.
Access to a range of members-only opportunities, including priority reservations with Relais Retreats and specially curated luxury partner brands.
For more information about events please visit this link
- ETHOS AND CONCEPT
- The Salon at The Relais (“The Salon”) is located at The Relais Henley, Hart Street, Henley on Thames, Oxon RG9 2AR.
- The Salon is intended to be an informal and engaging community forum for members with shared values to meet and exchange ideas, with access to a welcoming and refined space to work, complemented by The Relais hotel services.
- The Salon and all its members and guests are bound by these Rules (“The Membership Rules”), which are intended to ensure the safety of members, guests and staff.
- These Membership Rules apply to the entirety of The Salon at The Relais premises and operate alongside Terms and Conditions for The Salon and for The Relais. Members should ask a member of staff if they require clarification on any of the rules. (https://www.therelaishenley.com/terms- conditions).
- By agreeing to the Membership Terms and Conditions and these Rules members acknowledge that the Salon at The Relais, to the extent that it is lawful to do so, accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to property nor for death or personal injury suffered by members or their guests on The Relais premises. Members and their guests attend The Salon’s premises and participate in activities at their own risk.
- Failure to adhere to these Membership Rules or the Membership Terms and Conditions may result in membership being suspended or terminated with immediate effect, or guests being asked to leave The Salon.
- These Membership Rules may be amended at any time without notice to members. Please visit The Salon website or speak to a staff member to obtain the latest Membership Rules.
- Only members and their guests are admitted to The Salon premises. The Salon reserves the right to refuse entry or ask to leave any member or guest who fails to comply with these Membership Rules or the Membership Terms and Conditions, or who fails to follow the spirit of The Salon’s ethos.
- Members may use The Salon and facilities from Monday to Friday from 08.00 until 17.00. The Salon will also be open to members for events and at the weekends by prior arrangement.
- Changes to the opening times of The Salon will be communicated to members in advance wherever possible. Please note that these opening times may vary during the year due to seasonal constraints and weather conditions.
- Members are requested to book in 24 hours in advance to ensure space availability. The Salon accepts no responsibility for unable to accommodate members due to capacity being reached.
- Membership of The Salon at The Relais is by invitation only.
- The Membership Committee is made up of management, founder members and directors of The Relais Henley Holding Ltd. The Membership Committee meets on a regular basis to discuss membership and all aspects of The Salon at The Relais.
- The Membership Committee acts as the final arbiter for membership and disciplinary matters.
- Membership is for an individual and may not be transferred to any other third party, nor may it be transferred to a family member without written membership from The Salon.
- The minimum age for membership is 18.
- The subscription rates for all categories of membership shall be determined annually by the Membership Committee and communicated to members accordingly.
- Members of The Salon at The Relais must inform the Membership Team of any change of address, email address, telephone number or bank details.
- Any member who wishes to resign may do so at any time by writing to the Membership Team. The member is required to provide at least one month’s notice of their resignation.
- Any refunds are at the discretion of the Membership Committee.
- The Membership Committee reserves the right to refuse any member or guest of a member admission to The Salon.
- The Membership Committee also reserves the right to expel any member or terminate their membership at their discretion.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
- Members of The Salon are expected to be respectful to other members, guests and staff at all times, including the use of mobile phones
- Any verbal or physical abuse or anti-social or unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in removal from The Salon and membership may be cancelled.
- Members are asked to be considerate of others when using phones or audible media and use headphones where appropriate.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
- The Salon at The Relais has a business casual dress code which must be adhered to unless specified otherwise. Please refer to The Salon Membership Terms and Conditions for area specific dress policies.
- No illegal activity of any kind shall be permitted on the premises of The Salon.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Members must make a member of staff aware immediately if any accident or injury occurs or a member or guest becomes unwell.
- Any health and safety risks (including any hazards at The Salon) must be communicated to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- In addition to these Salon Rules, members and their guests must observe any additional rules and adhere to any signage displayed around The Salon premises.
- In the event of an emergency whilst using The Salon or during an event, members should raise the alarm and summon help, and ensure members of staff are informed immediately.
- Use of any equipment at The Salon at The Relais is at the risk of members and their guests.
- Members will be allowed reasonable complimentary printing whilst using the facilities at The Salon.
- The Salon is entitled to charge members for the full replacement value of any Salon equipment or item that is lost, damaged or destroyed by members or their guests (for whatever reason).
- Equipment or furniture must not be moved from one part of The Salon to another, unless with express permission from a member of staff at The Salon.
- Members remain responsible for any loss or injury caused to themselves or another person caused by their improper use of equipment (including use whilst under the influence of alcohol or medication).
- Members are requested to ensure that they take appropriate care of any equipment provided, including cleaning or wiping down after use, where appropriate.
- The Salon will operate the Chatham House Rule, particularly for any open debates, events or talks. “When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.”
- Any discussion, or issues raised in conversation at The Salon are not to be used for commercial or journalistic purposes without prior written permission from The Salon.
- The communication of information concerning The Salon, its members or events to the media is not permitted and may only be permitted with prior written permission from The Salon.
- Members are entitled to invite 1 guest at a time during the day for meeting purposes.
- Events are restricted to members only, unless otherwise specified.
- In the evening, The Salon space and facilities will be open to resident hotel guests.
- All guests must comply with, and adhere to, the Rules of The Salon and the Terms and Conditions, particularly regarding conduct and dress code.
- No children under the age of 18 are permitted in The Salon during members’ hours.
- Other than assistance animals, animals are not permitted into The Salon premises.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Any items that are brought to or left at The Salon are entirely the responsibility and at the risk of the member and/or their guests.
- The Salon holds no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property.
- Weapons or dangerous or hazardous items of any sort are not allowed on The Salon’s premises at any time.
- Smoking is not permitted in or about The Salon’s premises (including e-cigarettes) other than the designated smoking areas of The Relais’s premises.
- FOOD AND DRINK
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water will be available to members during the opening hours of The Salon. All other outlets and facilities of The Relais Henley can be used for the consumption of food and beverages.
- Alcohol is not permitted in areas other than designated drinking areas of The Salon’s premises.
- MEMBER BENEFITS
- Members will be entitled to exclusive discounts and preferential rates at The Relais.
- Members will also receive exclusive discounts from preferred partners and these will be communicated as appropriate.
The Salon at The Relais supports the environment and is committed to a sustainability policy. We are committed to eliminating one-use plastics as well as working with guests, members and staff to reduce packaging and waste at all stages of the cycle. We are also working with our kitchens and maintenance teams to reduce power use, and convert to green energy supplies and produce.
THE SALON AT THE RELAIS - TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP 2022
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern membership of The Salon at The Relais (“The Salon”). Members should read the terms and conditions prior to submitting an application. The terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the Membership Rules for The Salon (“The Membership Rules”). By submitting an application and taking up a membership with The Salon, Members are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rules.
These terms and conditions provide information about The Salon, The Salon Rules, services provided, application process, how our agreement may be changed or cancelled, and the process for reporting any other issues or information.
1. CONTACT DETAILS
The Salon is located at The Relais Henley, Hart Street, Henley on Thames, Oxon RG9 2AR – The Relais Henley is the trading name for The Red Lion Hotel (Henley) Limited, registered in England & Wales under company no 06200980
1.1 You can contact us by telephoning The Salon team on +44 (0)7864 011188 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.2. Should we need to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address and/or postal address you provided to us in your application form. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, ‘writing’ includes email communication.
2. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
2.1. Applications for membership to The Salon will be by invitation only and must be made on the appropriate form and submitted to the Membership Team at email@example.com.
2.2 As part of the application process you will be asked for your name, address, and full contact details. Failure to provide accurate and complete information may result in your application for The Salon being declined. Notwithstanding the above, The Salon shall have sole discretion in declining or accepting any applications for membership.
2.3 If your application is accepted, you will be advised in writing (email or postal) and the date of joining confirmed. You will then be entitled to member privileges, including use of The Salon's facilities, and you will be expected to comply with the Membership Rules (see separate document).
2.4 If your application is declined, we will inform you as soon as possible and no membership charge will be made.
2.5 By applying for membership, you agree that the information you have provided is correct, and that you will only use The Salon for the purposes outlined in the Membership Rules.
2.6 Membership is for an individual and may not be transferred to a third party, either permanently or temporarily without prior permission in writing from The Salon. If any such permission is granted, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee.
3.1 Membership of The Salon is by invitation only. Please refer to the Membership Rules for further information.
3.2 The minimum age for membership is 18.
3.3 The Membership Committee reserves the right to refuse any application and also reserves the right to expel any member or terminate their membership at their discretion.
3.4 Your membership joining date (the “Joining Date”) is the date on which your application is accepted.
4. MEMBERSHIP FEES
4.1 Membership fees are payable on acceptance of your application, and are payable annually in advance. Invoices for receipt of payment will be issued.
4.2 You may request to pay the annual fee by standing order by contacting the Membership Team, however you will be required to commit to a 12-month membership.
4.3 The subscription rates for membership shall be determined annually by the Membership Committee and communicated to members accordingly.
4.4 The Membership Committee may change the fees at any time and we will advise you of any changes by giving you at least 30 days' notice in writing. If you do not wish to pay the higher membership fee, you can cancel your membership because of this increase, you may do so by giving us notice at any time before the increase in membership fees comes into force.
4.5 You will be advised of renewal dates and any membership fee increases in advance of your renewal date.
4.6 Your membership fees will be payable whilst your membership continues regardless of whether or how much you use The Salon facilities.
4.7 We will contact you one month before your membership is due for renewal and you may opt to automatically renew your membership at that time.
4.8 Membership fees are quoted exclusive of VAT. If the VAT rate changes whilst you are a member, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, and this will result in a change to your membership fees.
5. YOUR RIGHTS TO END OR CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP
5.1 Where you have a good reason (eg illness, relocation) for ending the agreement of your membership, you may end this by giving not less than 30 days' written notice at any time.
5.2 If you do not have a good reason, if we consider in our sole discretion, to end the agreement, we reserve the right to charge a termination fee. In such cases we will advise you of our intention to do so.
5.3 You have the right to cancel your membership within 14 days of your Joining Date without giving a reason. Should you wish to cancel your membership within this period, please inform us as soon as possible by telephone on +44 (0)7864 011188 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your full contact details. You may also contact us by mail at The Salon at The Relais Henley, Hart Street, Henley on Thames, Oxon RG9 2AR.
5.4 Cancellations made within the 14-day cooling off period will be refunded in full, however we reserve the right to make a reasonable deduction to reflect any use of The Salon during this period. The deduction will be the equivalent of our standard daily rate for every time you have used The Salon.
6. OUR RIGHTS TO TERMINATE OR CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP
6.1. We reserve the right to terminate your membership contract immediately if you break any of the Membership Rules or of the Terms and Conditions.
6.2 We may terminate the agreement and your membership immediately at any time by giving you notice in writing if you commit a serious breach of any provision of The Membership Rules and these terms, including, but not limited to, the clause regarding Code of Conduct for members.
6.3 We also reserve the right to terminate the agreement immediately if you fail to make payment for membership as outlined in these Terms and Conditions, or default in any payment of fees, costs, and/or monthly dues payable pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and/or the Membership Rules.
6.4 We may terminate the agreement should The Salon have to close or is unable to provide the necessary services and facilities to members under circumstances we did not plan or foresee.
6.5 If The Salon closes for business or operational reasons, we shall end the agreement by giving at least 30 days' notice in writing and refunding any fees related to the period after closure of The Salon.
6.6 Any Member who:
6.6.1 has died or has become or becomes of unsound mind; or
6.6.2 is insolvent or has been adjudicated a bankrupt;
shall cease to be a Member from the date of occurrence of the above-mentioned event. In no circumstances, unless the Salon otherwise agrees in writing, shall the said Member’s membership pass to any heirs, spouses or assigns.
7. CODE OF CONDUCT
7.1 You will be expected to act respectfully to other members, guests and staff whilst using The Salon and its associated facilities.
7.2 You agree that you will abide by such reasonable additional rules specific to The Salon as may be displayed from time to time, and to any additional instructions as may be reasonably specified by staff at The Salon.
7.3 You will ensure that any guests which you bring to The Salon comply with the same rules.
7.4 We reserve the right to remove you or your guests from The Salon’s premises at any time if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of these terms or The Membership Rules.
7.5 If you are removed from The Salon’s premises, any guests you have introduced must also leave at the same time as you.
7.6 You must respect The Membership Rules regarding use of mobile phones and noise must be kept to an appropriate level.
7.7 No photography or media recording is permitted.
7.8 Chatham House Rules will apply for all events at The Salon and you must adhere to these Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rules regarding any media content. “When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.”
7.9 Any verbal or physical abuse or unacceptable behaviour by you, or any of your guests, will not be tolerated and will result in removal from The Salon and membership being cancelled.
7.10 You are not permitted to bring your own food or drink to any area of The Salon and its surrounding areas.
7.11 If you or any of your guests are believed to be heavily under the influence of alcohol, or any other substances, we reserve the right to ask you to leave The Salon and your membership may be cancelled.
7.12 You are not permitted to smoke in or about The Salon’s premises (including e-cigarettes) other than in any designated smoking areas of The Relais Henley’s premises.
7.13 You are not permitted to bring any weapons or other dangerous or hazardous substances or materials on to any part of The Salon’s premises.
7.14 You are obliged to notify us immediately if there is any person in or about The Salon’s premises that you suspect is not a member, guest or staff of The Salon, or who is not abiding by The Salon Rules or any other general rules of conduct.
8.1 You are permitted to bring 1 guest to The Salon for meetings, subject to space availability and wherever possible, with advance notification. Guests must sign in with Reception on arrival and may be asked to produce identification.
8.2 Guests are expected to comply with all the Membership Rules and these Terms and Conditions, otherwise we reserve the right to refuse them admittance or to ask them to leave The Salon.
8.3 No children under the age of 18 are permitted in The Salon during member’s hours.
8.4 The Member shall be responsible for their guest, and it shall be the Member’s responsibility to ensure that the guest is familiar with the Membership Rules and these Terms and Conditions. The Member shall be fully responsible for all acts, damage to The Salon’s property, costs, expenses, debts and liabilities incurred by the Salon, where such guests are responsible for the same, and shall indemnify The Salon against any claims, proceedings or actions, including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, made by such guests against the Salon in respect of any matter whatsoever without prejudice to any remedies that the Salon may have against such guests.
9. DRESS CODE
9.1 The Salon has a business casual dress code. You, and any guests you bring to The Salon, are expected to respect the dress code at all times, unless otherwise specified for an event.
10. ADDITIONAL CHARGES
10.1 You will be required to pay separately for any additional charges incurred whilst using The Salon facilities.
10.2 We may charge a deposit for use of certain equipment at The Salon and we will notify you of the deposit in advance. If you fail to pay the deposit, then you will not be permitted to use the relevant equipment.
10.3 If the equipment is damaged or destroyed by you or your guests (if applicable), we shall be entitled to retain the deposit to remedy, repair or replace the equipment and it shall not be refundable to you.
10.4 If you or your guests damage or destroy any other equipment or furniture at The Salon, we are entitled to charge you for the cost of repairing or replacing the equipment (at our option). This may include retaining any deposit for use of the equipment, if applicable. Equipment or furniture should not be moved from its designated area.
11. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
11.1 We may make changes to The Salon's facilities and equipment at our discretion from time to time. Where that change is material, such as permanently ceasing to provide an important facility we previously provided (for example the use of The Salon rooms), we will give you at least 30 days’ written notice of the change. Upgrading works to The Salon’s facilities or premises does not constitute a material change for the purposes of these terms.
11.2 We may make any other changes to these terms at any time and we will give you 30 days' written notice of any changes to these terms. Such changes may include the format of The Salon, updating the terms in order to make them clearer or easier to understand, or to reflect any changes in law.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
12.1 We shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever, to the fullest extent permissible by law, whether by way of contract or tort or statutory duty, to any Member or their guests for any personal injury, claims, actions, demands, judgments, fines, fees, liabilities, damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expense or inconvenience of whatever nature caused to or suffered or incurred by them or any goods or other property brought by them into the premises of the Salon however or wheresoever caused. Entry into the premises and use of the facilities shall be solely at their own risk.
12.2 Each Member shall indemnify the Salon, its agents, employees, and directors, against all liabilities, including legal costs, to the fullest extent permissible by law, which the Salon, its agents, employees, and directors may suffer as a result of or arising out of in connection with the breach by such Member or their guest of these Terms and Conditions and the Membership Rules.
12.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the services for private use. If you use the services for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12.4 We are not liable for valuables. We are not liable in any circumstances to damaged, lost or stolen valuables whilst you or your guests are on The Salon’s premises.
12.5 We are not liable for availability of facilities. We cannot guarantee that all facilities at The Salon will be available at all times due to maintenance issues, facility or equipment breakdowns or if The
Salon is busy. We will not be liable to pay any compensation for any facility or equipment being unavailable, unless caused by our negligence.
13. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
13.1 We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
13.1.1 provide the services associated with your membership;
13.1.2 process your payment for such services; and
13.1.3 to inform you about other products or services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
13.2 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
14.1. We are not responsible for things outside our control. If our performance of our obligations under this agreement is affected by an event outside our control, we will not be liable to you for this.
14.2 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, provided that the other organisation we transfer our rights and obligations to is of broadly equal standing and reputation to us.
14.3 Nobody else has any rights under this agreement. This agreement is between you as a member and The Salon at The Relais. Other than under clause 14.2, no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this agreement illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this agreement, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this agreement that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to allow you to access The Salon, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 These terms are governed by the laws of England & Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the Courts of England & Wales. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.